7.27.2012

The Civil Wars // Sour Times >>>

So, Im kind of freaking out just a little bit over here, b/c I just found out that The Civil Wars covered Sour Times by Portishead.  Dummy is my favorite Portishead album.  I listened to this album as I fell asleep for about an entire year in high school.  I have so many stronggggg memories attached to this band.  And now, for one of my favorite bands of this generation to cover them.... oh my.  They brought new meaning, and a new spark to this song, that already evoked so much emotion.  Classically and beautifully shot by the amazing photographer Allister Ann.  Mmmmmmm.....



post signature

7 comments:

  1. I am dying over this. It's like 1996 me and 2012 me just collided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dummy was my favorite too!! I haven't listened to that album in years, I need to dust it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing. i just listened to it while my boys were sitting with me, when it finished my 2 year old said, "nini, i want more." i guess he liked it :)

    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything from The Civil Wars. With clear and emotional voices like theirs, and a simple guitar for instrumentaion they pulled this off. Not many can do that. Good one Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessss! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!