5.15.2012

Threads - Paisley Kaftan Dress >>>

The other day we decided to go the back way home from town to see if a little local thrift shop was open that weve never been to.  I was thrilled when the sign said open, since almost everytime we drive by its closed.  It was packed full of odds and ends, and millions of your typical thrift store trinkets.  I was soooo excited when I found this top.  James immediately called it a mumu, like he calls alot of things...  really its a womens plus size top that is way too big for me, but you can hardly tell when its belted.  Ive been wearing it around the house like a robe almost everyday since.  Its kind of fun to wear something around like pjs, then throw on some jewelry and shoes and instantly make it a nice comfy outfit!  I found another one that is cream and gold, and really really big, but i love it soooo much!  It was a fun thrift store score day!  It has been so long since Ive been thrifting, it thrilled my soul for the hunt.  And Im so so so in love with Blowfish's Genny wedges.  Are these not amazing?  I cant wait to show you how I styled them in my upcoming project!!!
<<< outfit details >>>
dress // thrifted
earrings // moorea seal
necklace // graceful in bandera
wedges // blowfish shoes

Im still working away at this project.  Im devoting this entire day to try to wrap up as much as I can.  Ill just tell you, it includes a lookbook that has twice the amount of photos than any of my other ones do!  Eeeek!  See you on the flip side!

PEACE,
Laura

10 comments:

  1. Great thrifty find! Thirfting is one of those things I wish I could do everyday. If only...
    I also wish I could by every pair of blowfish shoes ever made. If only...

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beatiful as usual, I really love that dress! I do love blowfish shoes, I'll buy myself a pair eventually. I hope all is going well for you, and I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know what your secret project is--judging from the first picture in your last post. But! I'm not going to type out my guess in case I'm wrong or others haven't figured it out yet. ; ] It's like Christmas! You know all the gifts under the tree are yours but you don't know what they are yet and have to wait and see. Haha! I'm looking forward to it!

    And as usual, a lovely outfit : ]

    P.S.--Part of my code thing for posting this is "latiti." Sound of music! You know, when they're riding along in the cart and each kid has a note? The oldest girl's note are la and ti so she sings "la ti ti." Or maybe it's two of them...I dunno. Anyway now I have that stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of love how the bulky chain from your necklace resembles your braid on the other side. I thought you were wearing your hair in pigtails for a second! Cool!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great find.. love that you used a bigger top has a dress, love that idea... you look lovely in it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those wedges are incredible. I'm a fan more and more of Blowfish. I stumbled upon your blog today and I love all the sepia tones! :)

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just recently discovered you, and my gosh I am having serious clothing envy. Also, what little bit of the tattoo that is showing on your back is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your necklace! :)

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful!
    I love your dress & wedges!

    Newest follower(:
    Mind checking out my blog?
    I'd love a follow!

    -XO Abbigayle Rashae
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!