5.03.2012

Threads - Feather Dress >>>

Im here today with a sweet spring outfit. Still loving this inbetween seasonal time... before everyone in Texas just wants to start ripping their clothes off b/c its sooo hot!  I got this cute feather dress from my friend's closet sale a while back, I think it is just darling.  

I know Ive had way more outfit posts than usual lately and that I havent had as many 'real' posts, ones where I share my heart about the real stuff in life.  My soul is in a spring season right.  I feel like Im going right along the medicine wheel without even giving any thought to it, just living it.  My mind and hands are very active right now.  I feel like this winter I planted lots of seeds in my soul to keep me on a path of healing, and right now my healing is in doing what I love to the fullest.  Im working behind the scenes passionately on a huge project, one that involves alot of creative energy, alot of people, and one Im just bursting to share with you!  But Im also realizing that great things take time, and although Im usually one to just bust something out when I get on fire and then throw it out there in the world to take as it is... this one is one I want to make sure is just right before I throw it out there.  Its one that wont just affect me, but hopefully tons and tons of people.  So... while you may just being seeing lots of cute outfits, random pics from my phone, and things I eat, ha ha, there is so much more going on in the background.  And honestly, my soul is ever so grateful to be in the state of creation, and not one of just pure longing and searching.  Im setting that aside, and allowing other things to grow, right along with the flowers of spring.  Before we know it, they will all be gone, and will be replaced with burnt grass from the sun shining so brightly.  So while we are in this gentle spring, Im sailing right along with you, mother nature.  So much we can learn from this great healer.
<<< outfit details >>>
dress // from a friend
crochet vest + sheer top // forever 21
belt // ruche
necklace // roots and feathers
bracelet // flourish leather
shoes // blowfish shoes

PEACE,
Laura

15 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are keeping busy on things that you enjoy! Also, your shoes are the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful words, & the meaning behind them, dear laura. i always say it's your blog share as little, or as much as you want, only you decide. does that mean you live in texas, like i do? it's already getting hot in DFW. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always such beautiful inspiring posts - just loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Texas here, and today was one of those days! Last year's drought made me so sad at how parched and dead everything was.

    I also relate to your statement about longing and searching. I spend too much energy there, when I need to be in action and creating! You are in a great part of your life to fully immerse yourself in creativity. I am a homeschool mom now to 4, and can only get it out in measured doses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, a big project, how exciting! I certainly don't mind seeing more outfit posts from you. You have this really gorgeous style that just seems very relaxed & natural - almost like the clothes grew on you. This dress is way cute, and I love that crochet vest more every time that I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You (and this post) are beautiful inside and out. You are one of the most amazing people I know. And I can't wait to hear about your project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look just lovely. The layering is especially great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look beautiful, what a sweet dress! I´m sad to say that here in Mexico we already got to the point of wanting to wear no clothes whatsoever, or leave the house, or be IN IT. Not my favorite season because all my lovely clothes are useless, comfort is gone for many months to come and my cute bangs are in bobby pins (very bad hair months for Mrs. bangs) and we sweat 24/7... enjoy! you look gorgeous!

    clau
    http://handmadeconamor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura, I haven't posted before, just lurked in the background! I just wanted to say I LOVE your style and you are such an inspiration to me. I live in the very cold and very wet UK. I would love to trade places with you in sunny texas, you lucky thing x Thank you for your fantastic blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are stunning! I've been meaning to tell you that I saw your "twin" in New York when we were there Spring Break. Walking through Central Park, she stood there WITH CAMERA IN HAND. I almost called out your name just to be sure it wasn't you, but I was too chicken. Haha.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  11. catherine, that is so crazy awesome! you can bet it wasnt b/c ive never been to NY! ha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look so much - the dress is really beautiful, and that crochet vest just adds beautiful texture to the whole outfit))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit, especially the crouchet vest :) x
    http://silver-springs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. in love with those shoes!!!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, just added you to my bloglist...love your site!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!