3.26.2012

Threads - Ruby >>>

 This gorgeous ruby silk top was my mom's from forever ago.  Im so glad I kept it all these years.  I actually didnt realize how much I loved until I wore it again for the first time in a longgggggg time the other day.  The color was perfect with my new lipstick addiction.  I wore it with my favorite wide leg jeans, my mom's sandals, and old garage sale belt, a new Roots and Feathers necklace and some brass accessories.  Im very excited about some of the new designs for my shop, but just havent had the time yet to do a photoshoot of them.  So Ill just tease you here on the blog for a while :)  

Today Im working on rejuvenating my mind, soul and home...  Ive done some deep spring cleaning with all of my windows open.  No music, just the birds.  Quiet time can be good for the soul, even if you are still busy doing other things.  That being said, I skipped my morning yoga class.  Part of me wished I hadnt, but then I wouldnt of gotten anything done around the house this morning, and I think I needed that more than yoga this morning.  Maybe this evening Ill wind down with some stretching.  

Getting the better part of my taxes done yesterday was a much needed relief.  My mountain is getting a little easier to climb.  And my head already feels a bit clearer getting my spaces cleaned up.  My computer desk and shipping desk were a wreck, as well as the rest of the house... So, if I can just keep this slow steady climb towards finishing each of these big goals I think Ill be okay!  I really need some calmness and clarity right now... my blue moods have been affecting my relationship with my boy and that is never good.  Youde think I was pregnant with some of the moods that have popped out of my as of late!  Geeezzz....

PEACE,
Laura

10 comments:

  1. YES. :)
    your being brings joy.
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning the house believe it or not is great therapy when you are feeling overwhelmed, it helps me too. I feel like a weight is lifted off of me when I get things back in order again. I feel the same too about the taxes, doing mine Saturday, then I'll really feel lighter!! lol

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely top! I agree that cleaning can be a great therapy as well... having a space that is tidy, organized and visually appealing makes its tons easier to find clarity when you're dealing with a troubled mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit! Fantastic colours :) I love hand me downs from people that become special to us because of that - bonus points when they're gorgeous too like this top! ;)

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you looking gorgeous, honey. I wish I could rock bell bottoms like you.

    xoxo - http://cachecloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for beginning the slow mountain climb :-)
    I just got back from a weekend trip and sometimes when I come back home from being away... I find myself so overwhelmed by all the things I want to be doing.
    I'm also on a huge home cleansing and reworking kick though. Must be spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous as always! And spring cleaning can be good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom's old ruby blouse is gorgeous on you! I love the second photo of you!

    I've been spending some time cleaning and rejuvenating myself as well. I feel so much better. Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute outfit! I love that ruby blouse on you, and those flares are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!