8.01.2011

Hidden in my dwelling...

Right now it feels good just to be home doing nothing.  Today was a rough day.  We had to go pick up my dad's ashes.  It was the weirdest feeling in the world walking out of that place with a box under my arm.  So bizarre.  I cant really describe my feelings from today.  Simply a day I am glad is almost over.  The highlights of my day were: being reminded that I have the best parent in laws ever.  getting a raspberry vanilla latte.  getting a card in the mail from christie.  getting mix cd's in the mail from kelly ann and listening to said cds.  talking to my best friend on the phone.

One thing I am very much looking forward to this week is being taken out again by my bestie.  She has invited me on a date this week to go eat sushi and go to the japanese tea gardens.  Its going to be perfect.

Have you entered my 5 giveaways yet???  See my last 5 posts to enter in them all!  They will end next sunday.

PEACE,
Laura

6 comments:

  1. this photo is so cool....if its from your cell phone camera.. then im jealous!

    *sigh*

    plus i love all of your new sponsors!! i cant wait to sponsor next month, i just got too busy and scatterbrained for this month!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for you every day, lady. You are in my heart. And I'm so glad you got your cd's! I really, really hope they bring you a little bit of sunshine and peace during this time. I'm here for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I'm really sorry that you're going through this. I can only imagine. Just go as slowly as you need to and be as "selfish" as feels right. You are in my thoughts and I'm sending you good vibes and just know that 'this too shall pass' and as weird as it sounds, you'll be a better, stronger person because of it.
    <3 LB

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think about you everyday. {{hugs}} you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had a rough day, I can only I imagine how difficult that would be. Thoughts are with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for all you are going through. It will get better eventually, though I'm sure it doesn't seem that way now.

    When my dad passed, I truly felt as though I would never be fully whole again. One day I sat down with photos of him through the years and a small dream catcher we found among his things and created a collage of sorts. Emotionally it was quite difficult, but the act of "pulling it all together" was crucial to me *allowing* myself to grieve, yet move forward with life.

    There are so many emotions - anger, sadness, feelings of loneliness, and worst of all, guilt. These are all unfortunately part of the journey through grieving. Embrace it for what it is and allow yourself to work through it in your own way, at your own pace.

    Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers...

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!