6.16.2011

Pray for Violet Mae...

Today has been a total bummer of a day.  Yesterday we took the babies, Violet and Bella, in for their annual shots, and to get groomed.  Then I got the call from the vet that everyone dreads... Violet Mae has heart worms.  They did xrays this morning and found that its a bit advanced, so she has to do the two part treatment, which means she will be on heavy duty meds that will require her to be house bound for up to 8 weeks.  She cannot get excited or run b/c it could stop her heart.  It makes me so sad b/c she loves being outside so much.  It is going to be so hard to keep her locked up inside.  I even have to keep her on a leash to go to the bathroom.  Its going to be a big adjustment for all of us, mostly Violet.  I just hope she doesnt get depressed.  She had to spend last night at the vet, and again tonite.  Today we took up her hippo to sleep with, but we didnt go see her, so that she wouldnt get excited and then just see us leave her again.  I get to go pick her up in the morning.  It breaks my heart.  But the vet seemed hopeful that by going through this treatment she will be okay in the end.  I pray so.  The house has seemed so empty without her here.  We went grocery shopping today, and even leaving the house, I just couldnt shake this depressing mood.  Im thinking about calling an early night and resting up. 


Please send good loving vibes into the universe for my baby girl.  She is absolutely the sweetest pup Ive ever met in my life.  Tomorrow we will do alot of cuddling when she gets home, I cant wait to kiss her forehead.

PEACE,
Laura

23 comments:

  1. oh poor Violet, I do hope she recovers quickly. It's heart braking when our fur babies get sick. I lost my 13 year Chloe dog last year to cancer but when she was young she caught kennel cough and we thought we would lose her then but she pulled through with medication as I am sure your dear Violet will too. Take care.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet is strong just like her mommy. You guys will all make it through this. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with your family. I'll have Leena say a little prayer for Miss Violet as well in the morning with her picture. Lighting a candle now for her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying Violet will recover quickly and not get depressed with the temporary changes. Sounds like she'll get a lot of TLC once she's back. She looks like such a sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh
    sweet baby violet...
    so sad! praying and sending lots of love to your little family
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of love and prayers to you and your sweet little family. Give that pup a kiss from me when you get her back tomorrow!! xo
    janel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about your doggie. I am praying for her and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH that is so hard to see your pup get sick! My little one had a severe allergic reaction last week, and it was the worst thing ever. I almost lost the little one. Violet will definitely be in my thoughts<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i am so sorry to hear. hoping for a quick recovery! poor little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im so sorry for violet!

    i hope she feels better soon

    sending lots of love <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh! smooths and kisses to pretty violet

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm a dog person, so i get the love.

    sending out lots of healing vibes to her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ManderĂ² tanto amore alla piccola Violet a alla sua mamma Laura.
    Vi abbraccio
    Giuliedda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayer said for everyone. Here's hoping Miss Violet is as good as new very soon. Pets are family, so I know this is hard, but I'm sure with medication and the good care she'll get from you guys, she'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. just went through this exact same thing with my sweet furbaby annie, we chose an alternative method of treatment only because she's sooo small. hoping violet feels/gets better super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw I am definitely sending prayers and love your way. I hope Violet gets better soon! And here's a (((hug))) for you sweet Laura. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, sweet Violet! We'll be thinking of you guys and praying she recovers quickly and just enjoys extra loving time inside with you guys!

    xo Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending light and love your way to Violet Mae. I am sure she will love all the extra cuddle time and kisses that are coming her way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SO sorry to hear about this. It's absolutely heartbreaking when your pet is ill & Violet seems like such a sweetheart. Please keep us informed on her progress over the next few weeks. I will keep her (and you!) in my thoughts!

    Love, Shelby (former lurker)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear :( hopefully she can have a relaxing few weeks while she's on the treatment and come out stronger than ever when it's all over!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending well wishes and good vibes that Violet is on the mend. Dogs are the best, and dog forehead kisses, pure happiness. My two sweet little ones get tons of them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am sorry to read this! I hope the violet will recover soon!!! Thinking of you! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!