3.27.2011

Self Portrait Soul Searching

Lately I have been missing my personal photography work.  Allowing myself to be creative and open with my self portraiture has been one of my biggest soulful artistic outlets Ive ever involved myself in.  And it has been quite some time since I have done any, due to always being so busy with Violet Bella.  Im not complaining, Im truly honored to be that busy, but I do miss creating these works for myself.  It puts me in another state of mind when I create passionately with my camera.  I have always felt like I could convey certain emotions through a photograph that maybe I couldnt in real life with simple words.

Here are just a few of my personal favorites.  I have way too many to post them all, and this is quite a photo overload in itself.  Many of you have probably seen most or all of these, but Im sure some of you have never seen any of them.
























To anyone who creates crafts or art, is there a certain something you love to do just for yourself that brings a soulful connection to you?  Id love to hear!

PEACE,
Laura

19 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing. It makes me want to take endless photos outside in a meadow.


    My favorite pictures are
    photo 12
    The last one
    third one
    forth one
    eleventh one.
    and the photo number 13

    These photos are pure magic. some day I'll bet you'll have time to take wonderful pictures like these again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too enjoy taking pictures of myself for myself. I dont really have much time either and wish i could take more picture now that i have a better camera too. i am sure when my prego belly starts showing i will do some of those for a milestone of the pregnancy. i love your photos though. and i can tell the ones that were taken out at your parents house. it is beautiful out there =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've included all of my favorites that you've done. You're so amazing Laura. And I really mean it. I've always admired everything about your self-portraits. The composition of all the photos, how you capture yourself, and how you model. It's just beautiful. Your soul is so deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so beautiful, how do you edit them? Theyre so special!

    I just love creating generally, anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these wonderful pictures, a lot of them look like they're from a fairytale. You are very beautiful and a big inspiration to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you on this one. I miss working with self portraits on a conceptual level. It definitely is a strong way of working with, through and documenting those emotions and monumental times in our lives. I actually hadn't seen two of those. And the one with the painted wood is still one of my all time favorites. Someday I will get it for my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are incredible!!! gorgeous work! ♥erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! I wish I had a better camera.

    Things I do for meee that make my soul happy creatively? I make up baby crochet patterns & make things for my future kids. I've wanted to be a mama since forever, so I stockpile and it makes me feel more "prepared" for when that day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh girl these are sooo pretty!! i MAY be inspired enough to do some self potraits of my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new to your blog so that was the first time seeing your pictures! They are amazing and so inspiring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. for me it is collage, it is like mental floss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL PICTURES, I LOVE TO CREATE CLOTHING THROUGH ANOTHER OLD CLOTHES, I LOVE KNITTING FABRIC AND INCORPORATE THAT IN MY CLOTHES, I AM A PLASTIC ARTIST, BUT THAT DOES INTINMA PREVIOUS CONNECTION IN ME, I LOVE YOUR BLOG ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are incredible! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know how you feel! Photography (mainly self-portraiture) used to be my main creative outlet, but due to school and other factors, I barely shoot anymore. I feel like I was the most innovative when I was shooting regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are all gorgeous! I definitely need to take more self portraits. inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!