7.15.2010

Texas meets Louisiana

So very excited, this beautiful girl below is on her way right now, driving from Louisiana to Texas to come meet me and stay with us for a week! Her and her little one Leena. After becoming very very good friends online for a year now, we finally get to meet in person! I think we are both nervous and excited as heck!

We plan on hooping, making hoops, bbqing, chilling, garage saleing , goodwilling (yes, that is a word in my vocabulary), healthy food making, playing with leena, and generally just hanging out and talking. So you prob wont see much of me on here for the next week! Maybe though :)

We will take tons of pics and video I am sure of it! We have a few photo shoots planned anyway.

She is one of my number supporters of Violet Bella, here are just 3 shots of so many that I have of her in my clothes!!!

Her pillow case top...
Her fun cartoon top...
and her patchwork top, just a few of many! I love this photo of her and her daughter, so beautiful.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Last week I was asked by a friend and fellow photographer, Laura Evans to do a guest post on "inspiration" on her blog while she is away in France...

you can read what I have to say about the subject here.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Last sunday I had my good friend Jen come over and give me a hand with some things with my business. Not only was it majorly productive and helpful for me, it was fun and delightful just to have her around. I adore this girl so much, she is like none other. She is an amazing baker, who bakes everything in an easy bake oven! She usually can only bake 6 cookies at a time, yes, I said 6!!! So I let her use my oven while she was here and she busted out the most amazing batch of oatmeal cookies while she was here! Which has inspired me, I just made a batch of my own from scratch, and only hopeful they will turn out half as good as hers...
Then I showed her how to make homeade pizza dough. When Jonny got off work, he came over and shared it with us, along with some awesome Red Stripe. Then some guitar jamming commenced and some amazing conversations.

And this crazy rainbow has seriously been showing up on my ceiling a few times! This is not a figment of your imagination, it was really there!!!
I wore my PPP dress the other day and snapped a few pics for Shauna. I love the way it looks with the peacock feather headband I got from a friend.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

And here are a few new goodies still in the shop. A new teddy bear shirt, I had missed these!
A new floral jumper
A new tshirt slip dress
And here is one of the most beautiful girls Ive ever laid eyes on wearing Violet Bella. I think this tshirt mini dress was simply made for her. It looks so amazing on her! And she says she loves it! Makes my heart so happy!!!
Time for the next batch of cookies, and some serious resting for a bit before company gets here!

PEACE,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Aw, your visit plans sound like so much fun!! And... I'm very happy to hear you're a hooper! (Where i live there are like... no hoopers, so I always get really excited when I realize other people hoop... you'll have to excuse me.) And for some reason I've never looked at your etsy shop before but, it's beautiful!!! It makes me very very sad that I am currently jobless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much for your kind words! and for your oven! I had such a good time. I want to try your oatmeal cookies!

    and yay! That's the teddy bear shirt you made when I was there! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the hoggy style shirt! That is great! Adore the PPP dress as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!