1.16.2010

QUILT FOR LOVE

Okay my lovely readers...

Now is your chance to give back!

I am putting together a community quilt project.

PROJECT:
To put together a quilt that is full of handmade love that will be auctioned off and 100% of the proceeds will go to a local cancer organization.

For those of you who are new to my blog, I lost my mother just shy of 2 years ago to breast cancer. She is my biggest inspiration and reason for creating and for being who I am. This is my way of giving a little something back to the people and community that so generously gave her their love and attention through her illness.

So what I am asking of you is a little bit of your time and love put into a piece of fabric that will be woven together by me in hopes to give a little back.

GUIDELINES:
Each square will be 12" x 12".

You use your own fabric, whatever you choose.

Keep your design at least one inch away from the border of the square.

You may emroider something, a picture, a quote, anything.

You can crazy quilt it, or patchwork it.

You can fabric stamp it.

Anything your heart desires.

Include your name on it!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I only ask of you to please not include any pink ribbons or specific breast or other cancer items. Although this quilt is for that purpose, I do not believe in using these symbols to sell something.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I would like to stick to a theme of positivity, whatever that may be to you.

You can email me any questions at all through this process!

DEADLINES:

I dont want any pressure, so I will make the deadline for this be April 1st. That gives you over 2 months!

YOUR HELP:

The only other thing I ask of you is when it is all ready for the auction to help me promote it on your blog! The more we can get this out there, the better chances of raising some actual money!

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO YOUR FRIENDS, I AM LOOKING TO REACH 80 PARTICIPANTS FOR THIS QUILT.

I will be writing down names as you respond to this, so leave your name, your email address and your blog address, and those of you who already said yes, please respond to this thread!

Mail your square to:
Laura Mazurek
PO Box 1145
Bandera, Texas 78003

Thanks so much, lets put our craftiness to use!

MUCH LOVE

peace,
laura

16 comments:

  1. Melissa Davison
    sewsweetstitches_on_etsy@yahoo.com
    http://sewsweetstitches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. please count me in:

    Andrea Bergstrom
    violet_bats@yahoo.com
    http://8bats-flying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy Vedder
    betsytress@gmail.com
    www.obellanaturals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. just one sided shauna, i will stitch them all together and then put batting and backing on the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. katie elderkin
    kelderkin@hotmail.com
    inmyownlittleuniverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in!!! I'll make one!
    Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kelly thomas
    kellythomas114@msn.com
    (simplyworn.etsy)
    I do not personally have a blog
    yet...but will tell everyone i know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. renea hanna
    artsy_me4@hotmail.com
    pennythreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura... I am in!
    ambercox711@hotmail.com
    www.avocado-owlet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! I can't participate, but I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes yes yes I am participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will participate!! My husband lost his mom to Colon Cancer so this strikes a chord in both of our hearts. I love that you are doing this and feel honored to help in whatever way needed!!!

    Caroline Dahlberg
    writingldy@gmail.com
    http://www.coeurdela.blogspot.com

    Sending you much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to participate in this project. It's an amazing and touching idea.

    Amy Hruby
    amelioratic[at]gmail.com
    amelioratic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im a violetbella blog lurker, but this is a beautiful idea!
    Yolanda Smith
    ysmith@mydmc.delmar.edu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jennifer Westmoreland
    jennifer@jwestmorelandphoto.com
    http://www.fiftytwoprojects.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. just posted on my blog about your quilt.
    http://www.fiftytwoprojects.wordpress.com
    awesome.
    j

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!