5.22.2009

Art Show This Weekend











My new friend Renea Hannah {see link to her myspace on the right side bar under awesome artists} painted this for me! IS THIS NOT BEAUTIFUL???
I feel very blessed to have become her friend, not only for this painting, but she has been a deep well of inspiration and hope for me. She has made me seen my value as an artist and as a person. Our meeting has been quite intense, i only hope that it does not end. I respect when the universe gives us people in our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I hope she's a lifer!

Today starts the mark of a busy weekend. I am doing a show in Bandera, on the courthouse lawn for Memorial weekend. We have a parade right in front of the courthouse to kick it off, so it will be busy! And it is from 8:30 to 6:00 on saturday, that is long day!!! Then sunday will be 10 to 4, which is a normal show day. I will be setting up this evening. So today I will be packing the car, sorting all of my stuff {which takes forever}, tagging last minute jewelry, photographing last minute jewelry, restocking Gunslingers, de-stocking Artifacts. Oh and Renea and I are gonna go to Artifacts at 2:00 for a 'meet the artists'. oh, blah, you dont want to hear all this...

So, I had an incredible dream the night before last. James and I were staying at my dad's house, and he was living there also. It was in the middle of the night, and james and I were in my old bedroom. We snuck out of the bedroom all quiet like to get something from the fridge. As we walked into the living room we became surrounded by glowing dragonflies. Hundreds of them, they were glowing on and off like fireflies. It was so magical. I remember instantly feeling a sense of wonder and having a childlike amazement. I noticed that some of them had little bodies like fairies. And I told James I thought they were spirits. Then floating around the room were red and green nesting dolls. You know the little dolls that fit like five or six inside on another, I can remember their traditional name. They were floating, and I would jump up and grab one, and all of a sudden would feel an extreamly strong sensation throughout my body, like a burning and a buzzing feeling, like electricity. Until it would become too much to stand and then I would let it go and it would float back up in the air. I told James to do it too, so we both kept doing it until it was too much. Then I remember going back to the bedroom and I woke up! It was just an interesting dream and had a strong overall feeling. I like to pay attention to the ones that give me a feeling, that is really the only thing to base dreams on, not the actual images or people, but the feeling you get.



{TO SEE THESE PAINTINGS AND MORE, COME TO MY ART SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!!}

PEACE,
LAURA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!